Born out of frustration in learning new instruments ourselves, the Moosiko team spent over 3 years developing a new and proprietary way to learn an instrument. The Moosiko Method creates a personalized learning path for each user by focusing on deliberate practice, resulting in a faster, easier, and ultimately more fun learning experience. The Moosiko Method is not completely new, but rather adapted from other proven learning methodologies and applied to music. It is best summarized by the great Michael Jordan:
You can practice shooting eight hours a day, but if your technique is wrong, then all you become is very good at shooting the wrong way. Get the fundamentals down and the level of everything you do will rise.”
– Michael Jordan
The work ethic of many of the greatest athletes all have one thing in common: deliberate practice. If you’ve ever played sports as a kid or been to a sports camp, you’ll remember there are always times carved out for skills training. Practicing footwork in soccer, dribbling drills in basketball, or slap shots in hockey are designed to build muscle memory through repetition. Even typing on a keyboard or texting on your cell phone is a learned skill that you build through repetition. Learning the guitar is no different.
The Moosiko Method™ roughly works like this:
- Users pick their favorite song because we should only be playing what we love
- Simple, visual lessons begin with the easiest tasks and build on top of it
- Instructions focus on practicing correctly and deliberately through repetition
- Lessons are always be working toward a goal: playing a song. Users will even be able to play the first verse after just 30 minutes of practicing
- Breaks and rest are built into lessons to aid in muscle memory
Moosiko exists to create more musicians in the world. By making learning an instrument easy, fun, and affordable, we hope that more people can partake in the joy of creating music with one another
Head on over to the Moosiko Song Page to try out songs by The Beatles, The Temptations, Tom Petty, and many more!
Happy playing from the Moosiko Team