Modernizing Music Education
Our innovative adaptive learning platform layered on our diverse library of student-requested music is transforming music education in schools
We combine adaptive learning technology, design, and audio engineering to create a modern and new approach to learning music. We strive to provide a fun, personalized learning path for students while giving teachers superpower assessment capabilities and skill visibility saving them loads of time. Our mission is simple: modernize music education in order to create lifelong musician learners.
Music Adaptive Learning Technology
Dan Mascola: Founder & CEO
Madi Williams: Marketing Manager
Matt Wojick: Lead Developer
Christian DeKnatel: Audio Engineer
Josie Kolbech: UX Designer
Quick Facts About Us
Skills to Learn:
Moosiko Strives for Equity
As a vendor providing tools, products, and support for the education industry, we believe the burden is on us to address equity in the classroom. Here are some things we do to make music education more equitable for both students and teachers:
- Personalization: With our wide variety of musical genres and songs from the 1950s to today, we provide content for everyone. 100% of our content is student requested.
- Cross Device: Moosiko works on Apple, Android, and Windows devices as well as laptops, mobile, and tablets.
- Multilingual: We’ve got songs in Spanish, Korean, and Japanese. We support additional languages and music as requested.
- Gender Equality: 40% of the artists on our platform are female as we strive for gender equity.
- Visual: Moosiko is ~80% visual meaning we minimize written instruction to ensure non-english speakers can use our platform too.
- 508 Compliant: Use of multimodal information (colors, shapes, text, audio) to maximize accessibility.
- Online & Offline: We are able to provide printed song sheets or digital PDFs to teachers or students when internet access is limited.
We know we can always do better, so please reach out if you have ideas on how we can improve.
Core Values – This is our promise to our customers & partners
- Fun – No matter if you’re 6 or 96, playing an instrument should be fun and never feel like a chore. We strive to make Moosiko a place you can turn to enjoy the magic of making music.
- Expression – Playing a song for a loved one, enjoying friendship around a campfire, grieving after a breakup, letting out stress with the amp turned up, promoting a deeply held belief…playing an instrument helps us express who we are and how we feel. We want to shepherd that process by inspiring our users to express themselves more deeply and truly through music.
- Learning Innovation – Our promise is to always help schools, teachers, and instructors become better educators by innovating at the forefront of the music and education industry.